Announcing the EU Regional Finals at Milan Games Week
It's hard to believe, but the first Regional Final of the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour season is almost here! We are pleased to announce the EU Regional Finals, which will take place at Milan Games Week in Milan, Italy. This will be a two day event from October 15th through 16th and will be managed and produced by FACEIT.
Day One will be an open tournament where up to 256 players can compete in the EU Regional Last Chance Qualifier to win one of two coveted spots to participate in the Day Two EU Regional Finals. On Day Two, the two players from Day One will join the 14 players who have qualified by winning EU Regional Ranking Events throughout the year in a 16 player Regional Final. The winner will earn a qualifying spot to Capcom Cup 2016!
Below you will find a listing of the 14 players who have qualified for the Day Two EU Regional Finals by winning EU Ranking Events, and the players list is already spectacular! Many of Europe's top players will be there, along with a few players from outside the Region. You will also find information on the event's structure as well as how to take part yourself, either as a player in the EU Last Chance Qualifier or as a spectator.
EU Regional Finals Event Structure
The EU Regional Finals is structured as found in the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour Rules. There will be a EU Regional Last Chance Qualifier tournament on Day One where the top two placements advance onto the Day Two EU Regional Finals. The Regional Finals is a 16 player bracket composed as listed below and the winner will earn a qualifying spot to Capcom Cup 2016!
Day One (October 15th): EU Regional Finals Last Chance Qualifier
This is an open tournament limited to a 256 player bracket where the top two placers, 1st and 2nd Place, will advance to take part in the Regional Final on Day Two.
Day Two (October 16th): EU Regional Final
This is a 16 player closed tournament with a double elimination bracket which will be composed of the following players:
- 14 Players who qualified through winning EU Regional Ranking Events (12 Ranking Events and 2 Online Ranking Events)
- 2 Players who advanced from the Day One EU Regional Last Chance Qualifier
Note: As per the Rules, Regional Finals do not award any Ranking Points to either the Global or to the Regional Ranking Point Leaderboard.
CPT Europe Day Two EU Regional Finals Qualifiers from Regional Ranking Events
Below are the players who have earned a qualifying spot in the EU Regional Finals by winning EU Regional Ranking Events. We will update this list as the events conclude so it stays up to date. The 14 players below will be joined by the 2 winners of the Day One EU Regional Last Chance Qualifier to take part in the 16 player Day Two EU Regional Finals. See the Rules page for more information.
|MD|Mister Crimson||France||Cannes Winter Clash 2016|
|PxP|Problem X||UK||Hypespotting V|
|GWAK.FR|CCL||Belgium||FFM Rumble 9|
|RZR|Xian||Singapore||Moscow Fighting Arena 2016|
|MOV||Japan||Sonic Boom Summer Edition 2016|
|Rize|Cobelcog||Ireland||Online Ranking Event: Europe One||(2)|
|UM|ImStillDaDaddy||UK||Online Ranking Event: Europe Two|
|RB|Luffy||France||Celtic Throwdown 2016|
|BST|Daigo Umehara||Japan||Lockdown 2016|
|Fighting Games Challenge|
|Liga Oficial PlayStation Tournament|
(1) AWS|CCL (1st Place) won a prior EU Regional Ranking Event, so the qualifying spot went to EVB|Chris Tatarian (2nd place). EVB|Chris Tatarian has decided not to attend, so the qualifying spot goes to AWS|Akainu (3rd Place).
(2) MD|Mister Crimson (1st Place) won a prior EU Regional Ranking Event, so the qualifying spot went to Rize|Cobelcog (2nd Place).
Attendance and Registration
- Please register for the event at http://challonge.com/MGWSFV. You will need to sign up on Challonge and follow the instructions listed.
- Registration closes two hours after the doors open.
- Tournament entrance for the Day One Regional Last Chance Qualifier is free with venue entry.
Regional Last Chance Qualifier Tournament Entrance:
- Tickets to Milan Games Week can be purchased here: http://www.milangamesweek.it/biglietteria (Italian. If you use Google Chrome, the built-in Google Translate translates well.).
- Milan Games Week is open to the public.
Any additional questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Live Stream will be found on Capcom Fighters.