Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Events
Have you wanted to compete in the Capcom Pro Tour but haven’t been able to? Now you have a chance to compete from the comfort of your own! Capcom and Level|Up are pleased to announce the Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Events! The series will consist of two separate online 256 player tournaments for each CPT Region played on Street Fighter 5. The first tournament, for the CPT North America region, will take place on July 31st with further events thereafter. Winners of an Online Event will have their flight and hotel paid for by Capcom and Twitch to compete in the corresponding Regional Finals Tournament (the day two 16 man bracket at the Regional Finals, just like a normal Ranking Event) in November! Here are the details:
- Each CPT Region will have 2 Street Fighter 5 Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Event Tournaments, with dates and times for each region listed below. The first will be for the CPT North America region taking place on July 31st.
- Please be sure to read the dates for the specific tournaments for your region carefully as well as all of the other rules and regulations. You don’t want to miss out!
- Each event will be a 256 player double-elimination tournament. The top 16 players of each tournament will earn Ranking Points on the corresponding Regional Leaderboard, just like any other Ranking Tournament in the Capcom Pro Tour.
- Winners (1st place) of an Online Event will have their flight and hotel paid for by Capcom and Twitch to compete in the corresponding Regional Finals Tournament in November. Players qualify for the day two 16 man bracket at the Regional Finals just like they do in normal Ranking Events!
- Each event is capped at 256 players so be sure to register and meet the proper requirements below promptly as these spots are sure to fill up quickly.
- Once again, read the specifics regarding which region you belong to, the dates of your region’s events, and all other rules and regulations carefully!
- Also be sure to read, understand and follow the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour Rules.
- A Player must have a minimum of 3Mbps upload speed.
- A Player must have a Challonge account at http://challonge.com.
- A Player must reside where PSN and Steam is available.
- A Player must have a PSN or Steam account.
- Only one PSN or Steam account per Player is allowed to compete in the tournament.
- 256 Players (per each Online Event) is the maximum capacity allowed to compete.
- Wireless (WiFi) connections are prohibited.
- Use of macros, turbos, or any peripheral which tampers with standard game functionality is prohibited.
2. Eligible Regions & Event Dates
- North America – July 31 & September 11 at 10AM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
United States, Canada
- Latin America – August 6 & September 10 at 10AM Brasilia Time (BRT)
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, Uruguay
- Europe – August 13 & August 27 at 10AM British Summer Time (BST)
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Asia/Oceania One – August 7 at 10AM Singapore Standard Time (SST)
Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Asia/Oceania Two – October 22 at 10AM Japan Standard Time (JST)
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea
3. Connectivity Rules
- If Players cannot connect to each other, the following rules apply:
- The Player with the least amount of games lost automatically moves forward. In case of a tie, Rule 2 will be implemented.
- Both Players are sent to loser’s bracket if they cannot connect to each other and are tied in least amount of games lost.
- If there is any dispute arising from an Online Event, Players must submit a screenshot or share video footage to Level Up LLC, the administrator of Online Events (“Administrator”) for or review.
- Administrator will resolve disputes on a case by case basis.
- No shows and or late arrivals will be sent to loser’s bracket and eventually disqualified if the issue persists.
- Players are subject to disqualification in case of foul play or any hindrance to the tournament at Administrator’s discretion.
- Registration will open at 9AM the day of each Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking event and can be found on Level Up’s Challonge home page at https://levelup.challonge.
com . Registration will close at 9:30AM or if we reach 256 players, whichever comes first.
7. Online Event Match Play Rules
- Double elimination
- 99 seconds
- Best 2 out of 3 rounds
- Best 2 out of 3 games for pool group play
- Best 3 out of 5 games for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals
- Winner must keep the same character and loser can switch to any character
Capcom Fighters Stream
Top 16 finalists will be showcased on Capcom Fighters at 4PM on https://twitch.tv/capcomfighters from their respective regions.
Online Tournament Process
Learn how to sign up, communicate, and troubleshoot online tournaments by utilizing Level Up’s Online Tournament Process Guide at http://bit.ly/leveluponline2016